Wednesday 8 November 2017

Knitscene Winter 2017: A Review


Knitscene has released its Winter 2017 issue. Let's have a look at it.





Bearly There Cap. This is cute, and even better, it's cute in a way that's adult-appropriate.





Bridges Scarf. This is an easy knit and it's attractive enough. It is big, but then you can always knit it to whatever scale you like.





Checkers Scarf. This is such a smart scarf it even looks fairly well worn over a sequined dress.





Dancing Deer Hat and Mittens. A nice interpretation of the classic reindeer pattern.





Dejlig Sweater. I can't help but feel that these visible seams are seams gone wrong.





Enkel Cowl. I rather like the stitchwork in this one.





Flette Blanket. A handsome and cozy throw.





Flurries. This is the nicest cowl I've seen in awhile. The pattern is beautiful, and it sits so well.





Hoppers Cowl. The design's nice enough but I don't like the way this cowl sits. I think my favourite cowls are, like the previous one, knitted tube-style, or at least reversible, so that the wrong side isn't visible and there are no limp edges.





Hvile Poncho. Love the cables on this. I'm a little hesitant about the shape, but I think it works fairly well. It would stay in place and allow movement, and it hangs fairly well.





Kostbar Cowl. Not a bad little lacy cowl, and that is a fun t-shirt. Its message has a special resonance for me, given my chronic fatigue issues.





Lone Buck Vest. Oooh, I like this vest, which presents as a re-invented Christmas sweater for millennials. The fair isle buck and the bands on the sleeve are nice twists.





Lykke Sweater. This sweater has a very early eighties feel to it. It's not bad, but I think I'd do it in a more interesting yarn than a plain cream, as it needs a little something.





Night Birds Sweater. Very nice! Love the motifs in this one, and that colourway really pops.





Rivers Cowl. I'm liking the Art Deco look of the cables in this cowl.





Tyk Cardigan. This is the little afghan that wanted so much to become a cardigan that it magically sprouted sleeves.





Vinter Poncho. This is another afghan that wanted so desperately to be an item of wearing apparel that it developed a neck hole. I do love the stitch used in this one, though, and it drapes so well, but this piece would swamp most women.

No comments:

Post a Comment