Monday 1 February 2016

Pom Pom Quarterly Issue 16: A Review


Pom Pom Quarterly has released its Spring 2016 issue. Let's have a look at it.





Striated. At first glance, I thought this cowl was shaker knit. It's actually a shaker knit-like lace stitch. It's quite a handsome, useful piece.





Unfold. I like the mitered texture of this piece, but I see from the extra photos on this pattern's Ravelry page that it doesn't sit all that attractively when the model isn't pulling on it.





Riveret. This isn't a bad-looking piece, but the cropped, squarish shape of it will make it unflattering on many women. It isn't doing anything even for this professional model.





Right Angle. Great texture, but I am not thrilled with the dropped shoulders or the boxy fit.





Rhombille. Love this one! It has an unusual construction and great stitchwork.





Perpendicular. Simple shawl with just the right amount of interesting detailing.





Imitation. These are... okay. They look a little too much like the tacky mesh half-gloves that were trendy in the eighties for my tastes. I think I'd like them better in a colour.





Delineate. I quite like this one, which is sexy without being too over-the-top about it. Nice shaping and the back has some great stitchwork.





Equilibrium. Not liking this one much. It looks as though the designer put some effort into its construction and detailing as it has a saddle shoulder, decorative eyelets, and side vents, but the end result is ill-fitting and askew.

No comments:

Post a Comment