Monday 8 December 2014

Let it Snow Men


For today's post I've selected a number of snowman-themed knitting patterns. I do this partly in honour of my sister, who is Christmas crazy and especially likes snowman stuff. One of the items I bought for her for Christmas this year was a snowman clock, which plays a few measures of a Christmas carol every time it strikes the hour. (One does have the option of turning the carols off, and the clock automatically turns off the carols between midnight and 5 a.m.) I expect she'll either love it or hate it, which is a win either way. Anyway, let's have a look at the knitted snowman goodness I've picked out.

The above photo is of the Snowman Pillow, by Brenda K. B. Anderson. It's a free pattern.





This is the Snowman Tammy, designed by Sandra Jäger. It's well shaped and well charted. The pattern is available for €2.99(EUR). There is also a beanie version of this design.





This is the SnoBuddy Family, by Chris de Longpré. This little Snow family is weighted with beans so as to sit reliably upright, and they're guaranteed to get through the holiday season without a single brawl or spiked egg nog hangover. This pattern is available for $8.00(USD).

Update: I've made this little snow family myself, as a present for my sister. I used glass marbles to weight them instead of beans.





This is the Snowman Stocking, by Bernat Design Studio. It's guaranteed to stretch out so as to hold more Christmas goodies. It's a free pattern.






If you like the thought of snow that magically disappears without having to be shovelled, the Snowman Illusion Mittens, designed by Margit Sage, might be for you. This pattern is available for $1.99(USD).





These are the Snowmen Pot Holders, by Marilyn Wallace. It's a free pattern, and the outline design works so well it almost seems a shame to use it on mere pot holders. I'd be inclined to use the design to make pillows or a child's sweater.





The Snowman Hat for an Ice Princess, by Ewenique Yarns, is so cute it makes me smile. It would be perfect for a child. This pattern is available for $5.00(USD).





This snowman comes with his own little ice cave. The Snowman Diorama Ornament pattern, designed by Katie Startzman, is available for $4.50(USD).





I absolutely love this Mr. Abominable pattern, by Katie Boyette. You can hug him and love him and squeeze him and love him and he will be your very own and you can call him George! This pattern is available for $6.00(USD).

No comments:

Post a Comment